The sphere of corporate development is known to majorly involve the planning and execution of various types of strategies with the aim of meeting the core organizational goals of an enterprise. According to Steven Rindner the activities that comes under the domain of corporate development involves managing team recruitment functions, arranging strategic alliances, identifying and acquiring companies (M&A)., securing corporate financing, as well as management of intellectual property. Rindner is a business and corporate development executive himself, and hence has quite a good idea about this sphere. His expertise lies in growth strategy and business development.
The responsibility of all corporate executive is not their same. The responsibilities of such professionals largely differ from one organization to the other. In the opinion of Steven Rindner, this domain of a business organization is usually focused on strategic initiatives that may include transactions, partnerships, as well as acquisitions. Over the years, Rindner himself has culminated various works across multiple sectors and fields, which includes healthcare, real estate services and even technology. Hence, he is one of the best people to talk about the dynamic aspects of the roles and responsibilities of corporate development executives.
As per Steven Rindner, the roles and responsibilities of corporate development executives may change from one organization to the other in a boarder sense, they do have a number of features and traits that help them to enjoy true success in their job.
The following points underline some of the attributes that all corporate development executives must surely have:
- These professionals must have the capacity to thoroughly assess the condition of the business in an objective manner, and always maintain a practical approach. They should always see how a state of a company truly is, and not base their opinions on how they desire the firm to be.
- These individuals typically have to deal with a lot of temptation when it comes to agreeing to the view point of the general conscious. However, it is crucial that they have enough candor and confidence to fight for their views and thoughts with even their own team members.
- These professionals must orderly know how to evolve their views and perspectives with time. They must never be stagnant in their approach. The business trends across the world keep changing, and these professionals also need to change their approach and way of functioning as per its accordance.
- The corporate development executives must take up the responsibility of moving their business forward towards advancement and future development. They should not back down from challenges of any kind, and try to face whatever in front of them with great deal of confidence.
- While these professionals should be proactive in their approach, they must have a certain level of patience as well. They need to have a degree of mental calm to orderly deal with their discerning team members.
These were few of the core attributes of corporate development executives as underlined by Steven Rindner, an expert professional in this field.