Fruit infusions or Infusión de frutas are popular beverage choices today thanks to the plethora of health benefits they provide and their robust flavor profiles. While many confuse fruit infusions with teas, the former is just hot water poured over herbs, fruits, and flowers and served hot or cold—similar to tea, but 10 times healthier and caffeine-free.
However, this does not mean that you can’t brew it with tea leaves. Fruit infusions with tea are generally high in caffeine due to the camellia sinensis plant’s leaves. Such brews provide you with the benefit of a fruity flavor and color, as well as all the health benefits provided by the fruit as well as the green tea leaves.
You can even add fruit infusions to alcoholic beverages if you like, but the most common and preferred way to consume fruit infusions is as is, i.e., by seeping the fruit, its flowers, and herbs in water to create a refreshing and robust drink.
Why You Should Switch to Fruit Infusions
Do you find yourself longing for a beverage all day just to get through the day? Or do you find yourself drinking 3–4 cups of coffee daily and forgetting to drink twice as much water to keep your body healthy and functioning? Even if you’re simply looking to plump up your skin and stay radiant all day long, the answer lies in fruit infusions.
Fruit infusions are naturally flavored drinks that can be consumed hot or cold. For instance, an apple infusion is a drink that consists of apples.
Fruit infusions can be consumed for a variety of reasons, including:
1. to stay hydrated and refreshed: while plain water may not be as enjoyable and doesn’t motivate you to stay hydrated, with fruit infusions, you can make your water taste 10 times better. Moreover, you have the added benefit of nutritional benefits such as vitamins and minerals that will keep you healthy and fit.
2. for its medicinal value: there are certain herbs and fruits that are documented to have medicinal value for treating internal inflammation, physical conditions, and whatnot. For instance, raspberry and mint infusions are great when it comes to treating internal and external inflammation, de-stressing the body, and lowering high cholesterol and blood pressure.
3. Detoxifies the body: infusions are a great way to detoxify the body since they contain cleansing properties that help remove toxins from the body. Apple cinnamon infusions and orange mint infusions are some examples of fruit infusions that help detox the body and keep you looking healthy and young.
Do Fruit Infusions Contain Caffeine?
The simple answer is no. Fruit infusions in their natural state do not contain any caffeine; this means that if you merely have your infusion with water, it is caffeine-free. However, if you mix your infusion with green tea or leaves from Camellia sinensis, then it will contain caffeine.
Fusion Drinks with Fruit Infusions
While fruit infusions [ Infusión de frutas ] are popular as is, some people like to experiment with them. Here are a few ways you can create fusion drinks with Fruit infusions:
1. Add fruit infusions to regular tea : Tea with fruit infusions is quite popular because of the taste and health benefits. You can mix any fruit infusion, such as orange infusions, with mint tea or green tea to reap the benefits.
2. Alcoholic concoction : if you’re hosting a party and want your guests to explore a range of cocktails, what better way to add the taste of real fruits to the beverage? With a pina colada, for instance, you can transform your alcoholic beverage into a cocktail like never before.
3. Bring on the sparkle with soda : kids love soda, and by adding your fruit infusions to it, you can create a nice fruity and healthy drink for them to consume.
4. Popsicle fusion : Who can deny a delicious popsicle, especially in the summer? With fruit infusions, you can create a healthy popsicle that is free of artificial flavouring and sugar, which will not only keep you hydrated but also healthy throughout the day.
All in all, fruit fusions are the next best thing to water. Not only are these healthy, but they are also tasty and go well with anything. There are a plethora of flavors available, and you can find some fruity delights in our shop at www.tetique.com. Our cult favorites are our forest fruit selection and Pina Colada, but if you’re looking for other flavors as well, you can check out our herbal infusions that pair well with our fruity ones.