If you’re interested in becoming an agent for IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) and offering railway ticket booking services to customers, it’s essential to understand the registration fees and other charges involved. Being an IRCTC agent can be a business opportunity. It requires a good grasp of the registration process and associated costs. IRCTC agents, also known as service providers (RSP), are individuals who have registered with IRCTC to book e-tickets on behalf of customers.
They have the privilege of making unlimited e-ticket bookings with their commission fee ranging from Rs. 10 to Rs. 30 per ticket, depending on the class of travel. This comprehensive guide on IRCTC agent ID registration fees and Other Associated Charges provides all the information you need before registering as an IRCTC agent.
How to Apply for IRCTC Agent ID?
Here are the steps to become an agent for IRCTC:
- Start by visiting the IRCTC website and download the application form for an IRCTC agent.
- Fill out the application form accurately, providing all the details, such as contact information and bank account details.
- Make sure to pay the registration fee of Rs. 3,000 and any charges required for authentication purposes.
- Submit your completed application form and all other required documents at a PSP or the IRCTC office.
- Once your application is approved, you will be provided an Agent ID and password that gives you access to the IRCTC booking system.
- Before you can start booking tickets on behalf of customers, it’s essential to deposit a security amount of Rs. 15,000.
- Once you have completed this step, you can commence booking tickets for customers while earning commissions that range from Rs. 10 to Rs. 30 per ticket, depending on travel class selection.
- Remember, it is mandatory to pay an Annual Maintenance Charge (AMC) of Rs. 5,000 every year to maintain your registration and account.
For more information on how to apply IRCTC agent and the IRCTC agent ID registration fees, visit the IRCTC website or contact an authorized PSP for guidance and support.
IRCTC Agent ID Registration Fees
There are two types of agents:
- PSP (Principal Service Provider) and RSP (Retail Service Provider). The registration fee for PSP is Rs. 50,000, which is the amount a group of individuals or a company needs to pay to become a Principal Service Provider.
- On the other hand, the registration fee for RSP is Rs. 3,000, which is the fee individuals pay to become a Retail Service Provider.
Apart from the registration fee, agents must also pay a security deposit. The security deposit for RSPs amounts to Rs. 15,000, while for PSPs, it is Rs. 10,00,000. This security deposit acts as a safeguard against any activities committed by the agent. It can be refunded under certain conditions like booking at least 200 tickets without significant complaints.
Please note that these fees are subject to change. It’s advisable to check the IRCTC website for updated information.
Mandate charges are a one-time fee that agents need to pay at the time of registration. These charges are for authentication purposes and are delivered to the bank.
Here are the mandate charges for individual agents (RSP) and corporate agents (PSP):
- Mandate charges for individual agents (RSP) are Rs. 1,000.
- Mandate charges for corporate agents (PSP) are Rs. 5,000.
It’s important to note that these charges are subject to change, so checking the IRCTC website for updated information is advisable.
Annual Maintenance Charges
Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC) are the fees that IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) charges agents to maintain their registration and account for one year. These fees are necessary for IRCTC agents to continue providing e-ticket booking services to customers. The AMC covers the costs of software updates, server maintenance, and other technological requirements that ensure the functioning of the booking system.
For IRCTC agents, the AMC charges vary depending on the type of agent:
- IRCTC PSPs (Principal Service Providers) must pay an AMC fee of Rs. 10,000 annually.
- RSPs (Retail Service Providers) must pay an AMC fee of Rs. 5,000 annually.
It’s important to note that the AMC fee is non-refundable and must be paid in advance before each financial year ends. For information regarding IRCTC Agent ID registration fees and other associated charges, it is recommended to visit the IRCTC website or reach out to an IRCTC PSP.
Other Associated Charges
In addition to the IRCTC agent ID registration fee and security deposit, applicants should also consider the charges such as system integration, service tax, and payment gateway charges. These charges may vary depending on the service provider or the specific type of integration needed. It is recommended to visit the IRCTC website for up-to-date information on these charges as the registration fee for obtaining an IRCTC agent ID. Being fully aware of all associated costs and understanding how to apply IRCTC Agent ID are significant factors in making informed decisions and ensuring a profitable business venture.
Becoming an agent for IRCTC presents a business opportunity as it enables you to earn a commission for every ticket you book on behalf of customers. You can make unlimited e-ticket bookings and earn fees ranging from Rs. 10 to Rs. 30 per ticket, depending on the class of travel. Moreover, being an IRCTC agent offers an income stream and opportunities for business expansion. If you require guidance, SiOnline is an authorized ICS principal service provider for IRCTC and can assist you in the process of how to apply IRCTC agent ID.